Second hand Fox Model II professional bassoon for sale in near mint condition. This bassoon was bought new in 1998 and has been meticulously cared for. The Fox Model 2 is one of Fox's long bore design professional level bassoons, meaning it has a fractionally narrower, longer bore for greater pitch and tone stability. It is a beautifully sweet sounding instrument from this world renowned American maker of bassoons, suitable for top level professional playing.
Here is what Fox have to say about this model:
the long bore design can be identified by a very warm "round" tone, evenly balanced, with excellent intonation throughout the entire range. It is the most secure design and its tone quality fits well into both chamber music and orchestral bassoon parts. Like all Fox bassoons, it features freedom of response, intonation, tonal quality, and projection that will satisfy the requirements of the most discriminating performers.
In particular this bassoon features:
- Superb warm, round sound
- Amazing intonation and tonal stability
- Elegant tiger striped varnish
- Silver plated keywork in perfect condition
- German bell ring
- Professional level keywork including high D and high E keys, right thumb whisper key lock, alternate G#-F#Bb keys, C# and E-F# trills, four rollers
- German silver finger hole liners extending into the bore
- Fox CVX2 and CVX3 crooks (in straightened English bend), plus a Heckel BD1 crook in standard Heckel bend
- Fox hard case with case cover in great condition
This bassoon in undergoing a full service and will be ready for sale soon in outstanding condition. Commission sale on behalf of a private owner.