A second hand Adler 1356 short reach bassoon for sale in great condition. This is a modern (2004) example of this very popular short reach bassoon by Oscar Adler. It is a good quality, German made bassoon, widely recommended by bassoon teachers in the UK for its ease of playability and nice tone. It is a full size bassoon with modified keywork to help those with smaller hands.
This bassoon features:
- A nice, warm and responsive tone
- Good intonation
- Silver plated keywork in excellent condition
- Matt red varnish
- Keywork up to high C, including left hand thumb whisper key lock, extra low C key, five rollers. Short reach design with right hand third finger B flat trill key removed to make it easier to reach the keys, and with a left hand third finger plateau key added to reduce the stretch further. Included with extra low C key, extra right hand little finger F# key, C# and E-F# trill keys. The not commonly used alternate G# key for right hand thumb is missing to help reduce weight
- Balance hanger to help take weight off the left arm
- Adler crook/bocal
- Adler hard case in good condition
- Includes new silk pull through bore cleaner, new leather neck strap and new cork grease
- Part of our Buy Back Scheme
- This bassoon has been fully serviced in our workshops and is for sale in outstanding playing condition
Short reach Adler bassoons are popular and rarely come up for sale second hand, so this a great opportunity to get one for a great used price.