For sale, a rare Soulsby professional bassoon, made in the UK by renowned bassoon maker Jeremy Soulsby of Hereford, England. Soulsby made about 85 bassoons, which have achieved a high international reputation and are much sought after. This particular instrument is numbered in the 60s.
Soulsby bassoons are professional instruments, suitable for playing at the highest level, and they are all unique. This particular bassoon has a stunning, velvety sound, great projection and is very even in intonation. It has been well cared for and is in excellent condition.
This bassoon has just been serviced by us including new corks and felts, multiple bore oil, professional set up including careful spring tension balancing and much more, so is in perfect playing condition.
The quality of this bassoon can only be understood through playing it, so get in touch if you are looking for something extremely rare and special. This bassoon is one of the best instruments money can buy.
This bassoon features:
- A beautiful and lively sound, velvety and rich, easy blowing and particularly sweet in the high register
- Near perfect intonation
- Original varnish in charming condition. Usual surface wear but it looks authentic
- Silver plating in overall very good condition
- Keywork includes high D and high E keys (offset), left thumb whisper key lock, four rollers, E-F sharp and C# trills, extra low C touch key, high A bridge, lined finger holes/water tubes extending into the bore, extra G#, F# and Bb keys
- Metal tenon rings to protect the tenons
- Well matched Heckel VC1 crook/bocal
- New Tutti Fagotti gig bag with back straps
Commission sale on behalf of a private owner.