A Püchner "Original" bassoon for sale second hand, fully restored to like-new condition. The Original model is a professional level bassoon with an amazing sound from this highly esteemed German maker. We are always excited to receive an Original, as they play so beautifully, with outstanding intonation and a silky smooth tone.
Most Püchner Original bassoons were made in the 1960s and they are quite special - they have the same dark sound as modern Püchner bassoons but are lighter in weight and tone, thinner walled and have a lot of flexibility in the sound. They are particularly free in the higher register and play sweetly.
This bassoon features:
- Warm and resonant sound with a wide dynamic range. The tone is silky smooth from top to bottom
- Even intonation
- We have re-finished the bassoon in French polish, which allows the wood to vibrate freely and looks stunning
- All new nickel plating
- Professional level of keywork including high D key, high E key, left hand thumb whisper key lock, extra low C key, two trill keys, alternate G#-F#-Bb, four rollers
- German silver finger holes extending into the bore fitted by Double Reed for amazing tone quality and intonation
- Well matched crook/bocal
- New Tutti Fagotti professional hard case with back straps
- 12 month warranty
This bassoon has been completely restored in our workshops and is offered for sale in outstanding condition. It has new varnish, new plating, new pads, new corks and felts, bore oiled multiple times, and professional set up of the keywork throughout for perfectly balanced spring tensions, key and pad heights. If you are looking for a very affordable professional level bassoon then this instrument should be tried.