A Püchner "Original" bassoon for sale second hand. The Original model is a professional level bassoon with an amazing sound from this highly esteemed German maker. We are always excited to receive an Original, as they play so beautifully, with outstanding intonation and a silky smooth tone.
Most Puchner Original bassoons were made in the 1960s and they are quite special - they have the same dark sound as modern Puchner bassoons but are lighter in weight and tone, thinner walled and have a lot of flexibility in the sound. They are particularly free in the higher register and play sweetly.
This bassoon features:
- Warm and resonant sound with a wide dynamic range. The tone is silky smooth from top to bottom
- Even intonation
- Varnish in good condition with a few dings to be expected on a bassoon of this era
- Nickel plating in excellent condition
- Professional level of keywork including high D key, high E key, left hand thumb lock, extra low C key, two trill keys, alternate G#-F#-Bb, four rollers
- German silver finger holes extending into the bore fitted by Double Reed for amazing tone quality and intonation
- Well matched crook/bocal
- New Tutti Fagotti professional hard case with back straps
- 12 month warranty
This bassoon has been completely overhauled in our workshops and is offered for sale in outstanding condition.
Keeping bassoonists safe from COVID-19
The safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance and we have introduced a comprehensive set of procedures in order to safeguard everyone connected with the business.
Read our latest article to learn more about how we are keeping bassoonists and our products safe from COVID-19