A second hand pre-war Gustav Mollenhauer bassoon for sale in outstanding condition. This is a really beautiful and characterful bassoon with a lovely free tone, and stunning original tiger stripes and varnish.
G. Mollenhauer still produce bassoons and contrabassoons. Their contrabassoons are world renowned. They are also very highly regarded for the bassoons they were making pre-world war two, which are largely hand made and of very fine quality with a beautiful resonant sound.
You should consider this bassoon if you are looking for an instrument with a warm, resonant tone, easy playability and more character than many modern instruments. It is also particularly light in weight so if you struggle with the weight of chunky modern bassoons, this bassoon should really help.
This bassoon features:
- Sweet sound and good dynamic range
- Good intonation
- Plays comfortably at A=440Hz on a Heckel number 2 crook
- Wood and varnish in lovely original condition
- Nickel plating in perfect condition
- Some nice keywork including right hand thumb rollers, little finger rollers, alternate Bb-F#-G# keys, C# trill key. We can offer other upgrades if required.
- Rubber-lined finger holes
- Heckel crook
- Modern fibreglass hard case with back straps
- Also comes with a hand rest, new silk pull through, new cork grease, and new neck strap
This bassoon has been serviced in our workshops and is offered for sale in outstanding playing condition.
Commission sale on behalf of a private owner.