A King Symphony bassoon for sale second hand. This is a top-of-the-range Kohlert bassoon (imported by the King company and stamped with their name). It is hard to date these exactly, but it was probably made in the 1970s.
This bassoon is almost identical to a professional Kreul Moosmann bassoon, made in the same factory to the same specifications. Bernd Moosmann worked for Kohlert and eventually bought the company, using this model of Kohlert bassoon as the basis for Moosmann bassoons. This King Symphony bassoon is therefore an advanced level instrument for a great price.
It is a precision-made instrument, made from an unusually high quality piece of flamed maple, which produces a penetrating, resonant sound with good intonation.
This bassoon features
- An excellent tone suitable for advanced playing – free blowing throughout including the very high notes
- Good intonation
- Silver-plated keywork in perfect condition
- Varnish in very good condition
- Advanced level keywork including high D key, left thumb whisper key lock, right hand thumb rollers, three trill keys including E flat and the following extra keys: low C, B flat, F sharp, G sharp
- Lined finger holes
- Included with Ludlow professional bassoon case, a well-matched Schreiber no. 2 crook, new silk pull through, new cork grease, and a new leather seat strap
- 12 month warranty
This bassoon has been completely restored in-house, including all new pads, corks and felts, bore oil and much more, so is offered here for sale in outstanding playing condition.