A beautiful Heckel 5000 series bassoon for sale. This bassoon has a sweet sound and is very even in tone and intonation throughout. This bassoon is in mint condition. It is almost unheard of to see a pre-war Heckel bassoon faithfully and meticulously restored like this. Double Reed Ltd. are specialists in this work, it is our passion, and the result is a Heckel bassoon that is superior in every way.
Suitable for a professional player, the high notes are really easy and in tune, and the keywork has been restored and is like a new instrument. Includes high D and E keys, little finger rollers, German silver finger holes extending into the bore, there really is nothing left to do on this instrument - it is fully ready for professional playing with a gorgeous sound!
Heckel bassoons are rare and sought after for their beautiful sound and flexible tone. This bassoon has been completely overhauled by ourselves with no expense spared, including keywork up-grades, full re-pad, re-plating of all keywork and lots more, and is sold in outstanding playing condition.
In particular this bassoon features:
- An even and silky tone, characteristic of a fine quality 5000 series Heckel. High register solos are exceptionally easy and beautiful on this instrument, which really sings up there. Good dynamic range and very responsive
- Accurate intonation
- Nickel silver plating in perfect condition
- Varnish in very good condition
- Original Heckel stamps visible throughout
- Professional level of keywork including high D and E keys, left thumb whisper key lock, five rollers, alternate Bb-F#-G#, C# and E-F# trill keys
- Finger-hole liners extending into the bore to aid against bubbling
- Well matched Heckel crook/bocal
This bassoon has been completely overhauled by ourselves with no expense spared, including keywork up-grades, full re-pad, re-plating of all keywork and lots more, and is sold in outstanding playing condition.