For sale, a charming 4000 series Heckel bassoon in outstanding condition. This bassoon has recently been fully modernised by one of the major bassoon manufacturers in Germany, including new silver finger hole liners, high D key, high E key, fresh varnish and much more. It has a full professional specification of keywork and a wonderful sweet sound. Given the surprising size and sweetness of the sound, and the outstanding intonation, this bassoon is well suited for professional level playing.
If you are looking for a characterful older Heckel but without the big Heckel price tag, then this 4000 series Heckel bassoon should be a serious consideration.
In particular, this bassoon features:
- Excellent projection - more like a late 5000 or even a 6000 series Heckel in terms of size of sound
- A sweet, characterful sound
- New varnish sympathetic to the original striping and beauty of the wood
- New silver plating in perfect condition
- Fully modern specification including German silver lined finger holes extending into the bore, high E key, high D key, right hand American style whisper key lock, high G ring key, E-F# trill, C# trill, alternate F# Bb G#(Ab) keys
This bassoon has also been completely overhauled including all new pads, corks and felts, complete new silver plating, new finger hole liners, wood oiled and much more. It is now like a new instrument.
The bassoon comes with a well matched Heckel C1 gold brass crook and a Howell crook which gives a bit more power and excellent high notes, a professional wooden hard case with case cover and back straps, new neck strap, new silk pull through, new cork grease.
This instrument is being sold on commission on behalf of a private vendor.