A second hand pre-war Gustav Mollenhauer bassoon for sale in outstanding condition. This is a fine example of a vintage G. Mollenhauer bassoon. Mollenhauer bassoons have a beautiful singing sound, are light to hold, easy to blow and tonally very sweet.
G. Mollenhauer still produce bassoons and contrabassoons. Their contrabassoons are world renowned. They are also very highly regarded for the bassoons they were making pre-world war two, which are largely hand made and of very fine quality with a beautiful resonant sound.
This bassoon has received a full overhaul in our workshops including all new pads, corks and felts, professional keywork set up with all springs and pad heights carefully adjusted for optimal playing capabilities, multiple bore oil and much more. It is offered for sale in outstanding working order.
This bassoon features:
- Warm, direct and sweet sound
- Good intonation
- Wood and varnish nice looking condition
- Some wear to the plating but it looks good
- A suitable level of keywork for playing to a high standard. No high D key, but plays freely in the high register without it, no little finger rollers but the keys and springs are light to the touch so it is easy to move freely between keys without them, left thumb whisper key lock, two trill keys, alternate Bb-F#-G# keys, high G ring key, extra low C key
- Ivory bell ring (original)
- Modern Nissen bassoon crook/bocal, and three (probably original) Mollenhauer crooks
- New Tutti Fagotti gig bag with back straps
- Also comes with a hand rest, locking pin, new silk pull through, new cork grease, and new neck strap
Sold on commission on behalf of a private vendor.