For sale, a modern Gustav Mollenhauer professional bassoon in outstanding condition.
This is a rare example of the gentleman's model cut, with divided long joint, and is designed for the busy bassoonist who needs their bassoon packed down as small as possible for travelling. It is very compact in the case and impressive to look at when assembled. Other nice professional features include high D and high E keys, lots of extra rollers and a balance hanger, so it an amazing instrument for this price.
This bassoon has been exceptionally well cared for and is in near mint condition, and has been fully serviced by Double Reed Ltd. The high specification of this bassoon makes it superb value for money, and ideal for an aspiring bassoonist looking for a professional level bassoon without breaking the bank.
Special features include:
- Smooth, characterful sound and solid projection
- Even intonation
- Varnish in very good condition
- Silver plating in very good condition
- Gentleman's cut divided long joint and compact hard case
- Professional level keywork including high D and high E keys, left thumb crook lock, three trill keys, extra low C-F#-Bb-Ab keys, nine rollers
- Balance hanger
- Mollenhauer 1 and 2 length crooks
- Hard case with case cover
This bassoon is included with a new silk pull through, new leather seat strap and new cork grease, so is good to go.
Commission sale on behalf of a private owner.