A second hand pre-war Gustav Mollenhauer bassoon for sale in outstanding condition. This is the finest example of a vintage G. Mollenhauer bassoon we have ever seen. It is in near pristine condition, with stunning original varnish, made from a beautiful piece of striped maple, and is a real head turner to look at.
G. Mollenhauer still produce bassoons and contrabassoons. Their contrabassoons are world renowned. They are also very highly regarded for the bassoons they were making pre-world war two, which are largely hand made and of very fine quality with a beautiful resonant sound.
This particular bassoon has been played to a high standard during its life, as it has been modernised with some high quality keywork upgrades, including high D key and left thumb whisper key lock. As a result this bassoon is a desirable combination of pre-war sweet sound and quality hand craftsmanship, with very easy modern playability.
This bassoon features:
- Beautiful, sweet sound with great projection
- Good intonation
- Wood and varnish in very rare, near pristine condition
- Silver plating in perfect condition
- A very good level of keywork including high D key, left thumb whisper key lock, five rollers, two trill keys, alternate Bb-F#-G# keys
- Lined finger holes
- Ivory bell ring (original)
- Mollenhauer crook/bocal (probably original)
- Hard case (probably original) in good condition
- Also comes with a hand rest, locking pin, new silk pull through, new cork grease, and new neck strap
- One Year Warranty
This bassoon has been completely overhauled in our workshops, including complete repad and much more. It is offered for sale in outstanding playing condition.