A Fox Renard Artist 240 bassoon for sale in near perfect condition. This is a rare opportunity to buy one of these iconic instruments second hand. It has had one owner since new (a professional bassoonist who bought it as a back-up instrument and hardly used it).
The Fox 240 is one of Fox’s most popular models. It has most of the professional range characteristics one would desire from a bassoon but at a mid-range price.
In particular, this bassoon features:
- Short bore design – the 240 model bassoon has a slightly shorter and wider bore to give a more powerful and flexible sound
- Superb intonation
- A free blowing, musical and far reaching sound with easy high notes
- Silver-plated keywork in virtually perfect condition
- Varnish in outstanding condition
- French style bell ring
- Very comfortable keywork suitable for advanced playing, including high E key, high D key, right hand thumb rollers, right hand thumb whisper key lock, alternate right thumb G#, alternate right hand third finger Bb, alternate right hand little finger F#, E-F# and C# trill keys, six rollers in total
- Metal-lined finger holes extending into the bore to reduce bubbling
- Fox CTX double star no. 1 and CVX no. 2 crooks
- Marcus Bonna case in good condition
This used bassoon has received a full service in our workshops including complete strip down, oiling and servicing of all moving parts, oiling of the bore, full polish, and is sold here in outstanding playing condition.
Commission sale on behalf of a private owner.