A Fox Renard Model 51 short reach bassoon for sale second hand in excellent playing condition.
The Fox Model 51 is made of polypropylene which resonates like traditional maple wood and is much more durable. Although maple wood is the norm, don't be fooled by the material, as this bassoon plays amazingly well!
The Fox Renard 51 bassoon is a fully short reach instrument, with modifications for left and right hands to help reach the keys and finger holes easily.
Made by the renowned maker Fox in America, this bassoon has fantastic intonation and a really resonant sound, making it an exceptional bassoon to play on.
If you are looking for a great sounding short reach bassoon, then you should consider this instrument. It is equal in sound quality to most short reach wooden bassoons, including those by Adler, Schreiber and Amati.
This bassoon features:
- A great free-blowing and resonant tone
- Impressively accurate intonation
- Bodywork in good overall condition with a few scratches in keeping with a used instrument
- Nickel plated keywork in very good condition
- Simplified keywork for less weight and better affordability. The bassoon has alternate F# and Bb keys, E-F#/high Eb key, five rollers for little fingers. No whisper key lock, high D key, alternate Bb or G# keys - it's a short reach bassoon that is very playable without these
- Fox body lock
- Well matched crook
- New Tutti Fagotti gig bag with back straps
- Includes new silk pull-through bore cleaner, new leather strap and new cork grease
- Part of our Buy Back Scheme
- 12 month warranty
This bassoon has been fully overhauled by us, including all new pads, new corks and felts, complete disassembly of all keys, clean, keywork oil and adjustments, professional set up and much more, and is sold here in outstanding playing condition.
Keeping bassoonists safe from COVID-19
The safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance and we have introduced a comprehensive set of procedures in order to safeguard everyone connected with the business.
Read our latest article to learn more about how we are keeping bassoonists and our products safe from COVID-19