A Fox Renard Artist 240 bassoon for sale in great condition. This particular bassoon was made in 2010, and this is a rare opportunity to buy one of these iconic instruments second hand.
The Fox 240 is one of Fox’s most popular models. It has most of the professional range characteristics one would desire from a bassoon but at a mid-range price.
In particular, this bassoon features:
- Short bore design – the 240 model bassoon has a slightly shorter and wider bore to give a more powerful and flexible sound
- Superb intonation
- A free blowing, musical and far reaching sound with easy high notes
- Silver-plated keywork in good condition
- Varnish in good condition
- French-style bell ring
- Very comfortable keywork suitable for advanced playing, including high E key, high D key, right hand thumb rollers, right hand whisper key lock, alternate right thumb G#, alternate right hand third finger Bb, alternate right hand little finger F#, E-F# and C# trill keys, six rollers in total
- Metal-lined finger holes extending into the bore to reduce bubbling
- Fox CVX double star no. 2 and Fox CVX double start no. 3 crooks
- Marcus Bonna case in great condition with back straps
This bassoon has received a service in our workshops and is sold here in outstanding playing condition.
Commission sale on behalf of a private owner.