A Fox 101 professional bassoon for sale second hand in great condition. The 101 model is identical to the well known Fox 201 model but with lots of extra rollers for right and left thumbs. It is like a Fox 201 bassoon with Puchner Model 23 keywork!
The Fox 101/201 bassoons have long been Fox's most popular short bore professional bassoon. The Fox 101/201 range has been tried, tested and widely loved by professional players worldwide for decades. This particular instrument was made in 1973 and is of very high build quality. There is a significant following for older Fox professional bassoons thanks to their even, resonant sound and easy playing characteristics. This is a great soloist orchestral instrument but also versatile in other settings.
Given that the new price for a some professional Fox bassoons is well over £30,000, these older pro Fox bassoons are exceptional value for money (and they sound great!)
This bassoon has been played professionally by a UK player at the highest level.
This bassoon features:
- A lovely even sound, silky smooth and about as in-tune as a bassoon can possibly be. It is an exceptionally nice instrument to play on
- Great intonation
- Extra flexibility with the short bore design
- Solid projection with a good dynamic range
- Silver plated keywork in overall very good condition with only a few marks here and there
- Original varnish in generally very good condition
- German style bell ring
- An outstandingly high level of keywork including high D and high E keys, right hand whisper key lock, right hand Eb trill key, extra low C key, C# trill, E-F# trill, alternate Bb-Ab-F# keys, 14 rollers(!)
- Fox CVX 2 and 3 length crooks, original unplated and in straight shape/English bend. Good condition
- Original Fox hard case (the new owner may wish to upgrade this - ask for options)
This bassoon has been completely overhauled by us, including full re-pad, new corks and felts, bore and key oil and much more and is sold in optimal playing and cosmetic condition.
Commission sale on behalf of a private owner.