For sale, a second hand Amati bassoon branded 'Lafleur' in good condition. 'Lafleur' branded bassoons were made by Amati in the Czech Republic/Czechoslovakia and imported into the UK by Boosey and Hawkes. It is a precursor to the current Amati 800 Heritage bassoon which sells new for £4,200.
This bassoon is ideal for someone on a budget wishing to own a well-built, reliable and nice sounding instrument with advanced keywork.
In particular this bassoon features:
- A good tone
- Good intonation
- Maple wood body in good condition. Varnish looks good but has the usual small surface dings in keeping with normal wear for a second hand instrument
- Nickel plated keywork in good condition
- A good level of keywork, including high D key, left thumb crook key lock, nine rollers and two trill keys, alternate right hand third finger B flat, alternate right hand little finger F sharp
- Lined tone holes/water tubes extending into the bore to reduce bubbling
- Lined wing joint and the butt joint lined on the small side
- Part of our Buy Back Scheme
- 12 month warranty
This bassoon comes with a crook in good condition, a fabric-covered fibreglass hard case with back straps, silk cleaning pull through, cork grease and a new neck strap.
It has just had a full service by us, and is sold in excellent condition.
Keeping bassoonists safe from COVID-19
The safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance and we have introduced a comprehensive set of procedures in order to safeguard everyone connected with the business.
Read our latest article to learn more about how we are keeping bassoonists and our products safe from COVID-19